Toys for Tots, Ugly Sweaters and Chili Cook-off
During the month of November there will be a collection site for Toys for Tots! Please bring an unwrapped toy to drop in the bin. On Saturday Dec 2nd, the boxes will be collected and we will be celebrating with a Chili Cook-off and Ugly Sweater Contest. Prizes will be awarded. Please sign up at least 1 week prior if you would like to enter the cook-off. There is no charge to enter.
Be sure to wear your ugliest sweater as we will be awarding prizes for that as well!
See Below for Details
CHILI COOK-OFF OFFICIAL RULES
• The cooking period will be a maximum of five hours. Chili cooks may light their fires or plug in to electric at 10:00 am and continue cooking until 3:00pm.
• Each team must cook a minimum of one gallon of chili for competition and chili tastings.
• Each team will be given a one pint container in which the chili will be collected at the time of the official judging.
• Teams will be responsible for supplying all their own cooking utensils and heat source. Tables and chairs will be provided.
• Demonstrations throughout the spectator area are permitted and encouraged. However, teams are asked that the support people respect all visitors and other entrants.
• The decision of the judges shall be final and confidential until the awards ceremony.
1st prize- Trophy and a Growler with fill
2nd Prize-Trophy and a Flight of beer
3rd Prize-Trophy and a Pint of beer
PEOPLE EATING CHILI
Bring an unwrapped toy for the Toys for Tots Bin and pay only $5. You receive a sample of each competition chili in a 2 oz. cup, plus one bowl after judging. This includes: a potato, cheese, sour cream, chives and a side of cornbread.
No Toy? No problem. Pay $10 and enjoy the same.
UGLY SWEATER CONTEST
The judging will take place at 5:30pm.
We want to see the ugliest holiday sweaters you can purchase or create! Decorate a sweater or sweater vest with your materials of choice; as long as it's over-the-top and ugly, you're good to go.
Turtlenecks, sweatshirt and long or short-sleeved t-shirts will not be accepted. You may wear such items underneath an ugly Christmas sweater vest, but it will not be considered part of your sweater and therefore not eligible for judging. You may add to or alter your Christmas sweater however you like… felt, yarn, LEDs, plastic, clock gears, Christmas trees, ornaments, buttons, etc. How will the Ugliest Christmas Sweater Champion be determined? Everyone will have the opportunity to vote for the champion. You may not vote for yourself. You must vote for someone. Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Remember, this is supposed to bring laughter! Be creative! Be competitive! But, most of all have fun!